Creative reels are not only a great way to get your followers excited about your ski school. Without spending a lot of money, you can also increase your reach (so called organic reach). Thanks to the explore- function and the new reel-tab on Instagram, your videos are also played out to people whose interest matches the content.
We want to help you increase your reach with the following 5 golden rules:
- Know your target audience. Think carefully about who you want to target and adapt the content accordingly. For example: You offer a lot of children's courses? Then make the content family-friendly to appeal to the parents. You offer a lot of youth courses? Then the content can be funny and wild.
- Don't lengthen your reels unnecessarily. Just because reels can be 90 seconds long doesn't mean they always have to be that long. Cut out unnecessary information and keep your message short. The average human attention span is about 8 seconds when using media. So put the key messages and important information at the beginning of your reel.
- Quality over quantity. Not everything is interesting for your followers. Think about a short concept that fits your target group and limit yourself to the most important things. Take a little longer to create a high-quality video in the appropriate format (1080 x 1920 pixels), rather than filming randomly.
- Take your time and check out the trends on Instagram. You'll find inspiration for the latest music trends, filters and effects. For example, have you heard of the green screen filter? The filter allows you to place yourself in front of different backgrounds. But beware: less is more! Make sure that your content forms a stylistic unit.
- Encourage interaction with your followers. For example, you can use call-to-action to encourage your followers to react to your reel. Classic phrases are: "You want to see more? Then press "Follow" or "See what happens next in part 2".